5.23.2012

beaucoup

So, today we had an impromptu "communications meeting" at our favorite junk store, Laverty's. We were driving around downtown scouting out some locations for a photo shoot and I just happened to see that there were a lot of cars in the parking lot there. See, they aren't open on a regular basis and they basically just announce on Facebook when they will be open. We had all thought there were supposed to open tomorrow so it was a surprise when we did a quick 180 to see what was going on! We got there about 10 minutes before they opened and there was a line of about 20 people already gathering to bust down the doors!

There is such a wierd mix of junk there...from cool (and sometimes not-so-cool) furniture to industrial-ish items to kitchen stuff. Today they had this really cool display of vintage street signs hanging from the ceiling. I loved it.

This time I only walked out with a cool arrow sign and a small, vintage school chair that I'll probably use for some photo shoots or to display things. In the past I've bought things like scrabble tiles, a coffee table, ironstone, soda crates...

I spotted an old French-English dictionary and took this pic to commemorate the birth of my new blog! I've been thinking for months, literally, for a name for my blog and it just hit me one day: McCauley Beaucoup. It's like all McCauley's all the time! McCauley overload. McCauley's to the max!

I don't know what my real plans are for this blog but mostly to share pictures and fun things with family and friends. And God only knows just what crazy, fun, hilarious things those kids of mine are up to!

Tonight we have a baseball game. I love baseball! Can't wait!

Until next time...JKL.

a|m


No comments:

Post a Comment